Monday, September 8, 2014

What Do Readers Look Like?

So there are not words for how great it is when the two grades before you teach versions of Daily 5.  We made it to 20 minutes of read to self without stopping in just three days.  So great!  Before they got started I told them I was going to look for great examples of readers that I could take photos of.  They were great.  


Then I sent the pictures to get magically printed and picked them up.  The next day, we did a little mini-lesson on non-fiction features.  I gave each student their picture and they glued it onto construction paper.  Finally they labeled the picture with what Great Readers Do....



Happy Monday,

4 comments:

  1. Love that they are labeling themselves! What great reinforcement!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! I'm wondering how to modify this for first grade and/or other topics.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I often take pics of my kids while they are working, and it is a sure way to get them to do just what you want! I like to email the pics to myself from my phone and project them on the whiteboard as a reflection. I pick a few that were really doing well, and we all look to notice what they looked like. I never thought to print one for each student to make a card though - brilliant! On to my list of things to do!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete