Friday, January 10, 2014

Five for Friday

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/01/five-for-friday-linky-party-january-10th.html
 Friday took for.ev.er. to get here this week!  Here are some random pics from the week!
1.  I finally got all my Chickadees login information in one place.  Once we get to the lab, they use their card to sign it to whatever we are working on that day.

 2.  We are starting a unit on Forces and Motion.  A great way to teach is through games.  SO as soon as my class earns all the Mousetrap pieces, we get to have game day!
3.  "Clubs" Clubs make everything cooler!  We have a "Work Done Club", and a "Homework Club".   We just added "Series Club".  Read 5 or more books in a series and you add you name to the wall.  "Double Dog Dare Challenge"  If you are a boy...read a book with a girl main character and vice versa.
 4.  Seating....all the places my kids choose to work cracks me up.  I wish college could have been that way:-)
 5.  I gave pairs of students a math packet to review multiplication and division.  They each had a colored marker and completed the math packet.  They could work together, but this way I could make sure they worked equally.
 
Did your week feel as long as mine?
Happy Friday,

4 comments:

  1. Yep, it was long, and I didn't even get one single snow day. I love your clubs!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with two snow days in a row, this week seemed long! I have clubs too! I love your Double Dog Dare Club and 5 in a Series club! Do your kids read the I Survived series? My 2nd grade boys think they are the best thing ever!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how they are earning their game day!!!!

    Marcy
    Searching for Teacher Balance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your clubs. That sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete