Thursday, August 15, 2013

Taming the Wild


Teacher Week 13:  Taming the Wild

I have used all kinds of classroom management plans.  For the most part they function, but I don't love them.  Last year I started using a bit of Whole Brain Teaching.  I am looking forward to implementing much more of it this year. 

I do think my chickadees need as much praise as possible.  So they have punch cards (thank you vista print).  Any day they get a rocket (a slip of paper tied to PBIS) they can turn in their card for a stamp/punch.  Once the card is full, they get to trade it for a choice from the Chickadee Card Choices Binder.

A Chickadee Punch Card
 This is the Chickadee Card Choices Binder

Inside the binder are all kinds of choices, that cost me nothing, and the kids love! 

Warm Me Up, Snack Freedom, and Pet Shop were most popular last year.  I have a few new ideas to add.  Do you have any suggestions?

Happy Thursday,

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have all the choices in a binder for the students to pick from. Great idea!

    Meg
    Third Grade in the First State

    ReplyDelete
  2. My school is going to implement PBIS this year. I really don't know much about it yet, but I'll find out soon. I'm going to pin your ideas to help me make sense of it all. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete