Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Optimum Organization

Fun in 4b and Ladybug Teacher Files are having an organization party. 
I am pretty organized....just not good about putting things away immediately.  Last summer I created some things that have been really helpful in keeping things put away and easily found.  The "famous" teacher toolbox" and then just prettifying and labeling sterlite drawers.
Here is how I organize running records...my favorite reading assessment even though my district loves the ridiculous 1 minute assessments that tell me nothing about a student reader.

I always forget to label the binder....however it is ginormous, so the size is kind of its own label!
Inside the sections are divided by the end of year goal for each grade (kindy, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd).
Behind each grade level tab is the books for those levels, and a page protector with numerous copies of pages needed to administer reading assessment.
And yesterday's post about student mailboxes, may be helpful also....
Happy Wednesday,

8 comments:

  1. I love how organized your assessments are! The binder idea is great and I'm always a huge fan of drawers ;) Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Laurie...come organize me:) I'm jealous. Binders are my enemy! I actually grabbed 2 yesterday (huge ones) and I made a mental note that I need about 4 packs of dividers.
    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being organized too. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't live without my toolbox, either! I love your binder. That is ginormous :) I think I need a binder just a little bit bigger than the one I have for my student info binder. I might have to get one as big as that, though. Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love my toolbox, too! Best thing I did last summer.

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I struggle with organization, but I am getting better. Thank you for your inspiration!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my toolbox also! It was my favorite "Monday Made It" project from last year. I love how you organize your assessments in the binder. Great idea!

    Krista
    Stellar-Students

    ReplyDelete