Friday, May 17, 2013

Flashback Five Linky Party 1st Timer

No school today...for the kiddos anyway, so you get for Flashback Five Thursday.  Every Friday so many of you link up, that I wanted to join the fun!  You can too.

Saturday is my last day of volleyball and is an all day tournament.  So last night the team came over to my house and we watched volleyball videos, made posters, and painted our nails to match our shirts.  Then got a team photo.  They crack me up!
Wednesday, I was out for a Right Brain Training and left a "How Well Do You Know Your Teacher" Quiz.  Miss Trayers started this inspiration and the responses had me laughing out loud!

This one is from my Giants fan.  We are frenemies....as I am a Dodger fan.  I had to go look up 
Mike Krukow....apparently he is a broadcaster for the Giants.
This one is spot on.  Sun-days....like snowdays, only for 80 sunny days, since we never get them during the school year.  I tell my class how we all have to work to keep our class clean.  I didn't spend years at school to pick up after them:-)...although being a maid, I would probably make more money.
Half my class mentioned Josh Groban!  Also, apparently I love Uncle Jesse, cuz I say capesh all the time.
Every one of them mentioned We are in the middle of studying Portland, Oregon.  At the end of the month we are going on a field trip downtown.  During class we have been making maps and adding interesting locations.  Soon groups will be choosing locations and highlighting the most effective route for seeing them.  On field trip day, they use the map as their tour guide.
And we have been making posters of all the intersting things you can do and see in Downtown Portland.
Portland has a famous statue, named Portlandia.  It is the 2nd largest freestanding copper statue in the world...Statue of Liberty being the largest.  One of my students wrote a comic for us about statues in Portland.
Happy Friday,






Who wants to join another linky party?  Click the pic for more info.



6 comments:

  1. I love the Downtown project. What a great idea! :) Happy Friday.
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your teacher quiz! Hilarious answers! I wonder how my students would do...

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Niketown on their map? That's one of my favorite places to visit in Portland. Oh, and The Grilled Cheese Grill too.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the How Well Do You Know Your Teacher? !!!!! I am going to do this!!! :)
    Go Dodgers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That downtown project is Awesome. And I love the How Well Do You Know Your Teacher quiz. How fun!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little ones sure know a lot about you! I wonder if my students know that much!! Are you a newbie too for Instagram? LoL

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete