Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Welcome Back....A Little Sadness and Inspiration

I was not alive to watch the show during its original airing.  However, I watched a lot of Nick @ Night reruns and loved the all day Welcome Back Kotter marathons.  If you have never heard of this show it is about a teacher who returns to his own, inner city, high school to teach an eclectic group of struggling students.  John Travolta also stars in the show:-)  Today is a sad day.  My favorite character, Horshack, played by Ron Palillo passed today.  I leave you with a clip in memory of Horshack and well it is also a great clip about teachers teaching, not textbooks....learning not reciting....
Happy Tuesday,

2 comments:

  1. Loved Welcome Back, Kotter!!! Thanks for the fun memory!!
    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my older sisters and brother watching this show. What a great clip. It makes me really excited to get back to my nest of owlets and do some rapping!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete