Sunday, August 26, 2012

Reading is Like Eating a Potato Chip

There are 71 days of summer vacation that end today.  Today I finished my 71st book! Book-a-Day Challenge completed!  If there were a self-help/addict group for readers I would definitely need to be enrolled.  Monday may bring withdrawal like symptoms.  Here are some of the titles that I loved! 
 
YA Dystopia--
For Darkness Shows the Stars--retelling of Persuasion (favorite book of the summer)
Blood Red Road--Saba journeys to find her brother, who was captured.  Intense story!
Prized--Gaia escapes from one prison like community to another one of a different kind.  (Book 2)
Shatter Me--Juliette's touch kills people..which makes her a wanted weapon.
 
Fantasy--
The Girl of Fire and Thorns--Elisa secretly marries a neighboring lands king....only to be captured and wanted by everyone else.

YA Historical--
Grave Mercy--Ismae escapes an arranged marriage and learns that fate has a far different destiny for her.

Realistic (also tear jerkers)--
One and Only Ivan--true story of an Ape who was part of a mall animal show.  Amazing TRUE story.
The Sky is Everywhere--Lennie has to cope after her sister dies.
See You at Harry's--tragedy strikes and each member of the family has to work through it.

And while I did read some adult fiction....none of them seem to be on this list:-)
She read about people she could never be, on adventures she would never have.
Happy Sunday,
 

4 comments:

  1. You're a rock star! I didn't get in nearly as much reading as I would have liked this summer, and that's one of my all-time favorite things to do.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--I know I've read that many to my kids in a summer--but never for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found my blog! I'm now your newest follower and can't wait to check out all your ideas!

    Cyndi
    Lacy's Letters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm completely impressed! I can't believe you read 71 books...legit books, not picture books. Well done!! I was so proud of myself for getting through 20. :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete