Friday, August 3, 2012

August Currently....How is That Possible?


It is a new month and time for a new currently.  Vacation with my aunt was fabulous and now it is time to get back to a bit of reality....less than a month before school starts.  I am not sure how that happened!
-Summer is made for reading.  Most of the books I read are not for book shares with student. (The only downside to teaching elementary)  But for those of you needing a good book, here are my three summer favorites:  For Darkness Sees the The Stars, Blood Red Road, and One and Only Ivan.  

-Sports stress me out....so if I know what is going to happen, I can watch the Olympics far more peacefully!
 -If Mary Poppins can snap her fingers and clean a room, the same thing should apply to me and my classroom.
-Loved Inspector Gadget as a kid, and his legs would be so much more effective than up and down the ladder....move the ladder...repeat.
-I use 3m packaging tape for almost all things hanging!  It doesn't leave sticky stuff and keeps things where I want them.
-Scrapbook Scissors....allow you to fake straight lines....the scissors aren't straight, so the lines can be a little off and you can't even tell! 
Happy Friday,
 

6 comments:

  1. WOW! 5o books... I can't even have that done during Summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I'm completely opposite about wanting to know the Olympic results before I watch! Twice this week, I turned on the TV and they told me who won the Gymnastic's competition before I had the chance to watch that night! UGH!

    Fourth Grade Fanatics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been loving watching the Olympics every night! I can't believe you read 50 books this summer. That's awesome! Send Mary Poppins my way when she is finished with your room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you through Currently! Come check us out sometime. http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    Your newest follower,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take Mary Poppins when she is done with your room. Wouldn't it be great if that would work?

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've read 50 books this summer?!? That's awesome! For the last 4 or 5 summers I've read about 25, but this summer I've been doing more sewing and designing and painting my deck ... not so much time for reading ... I definitely miss it.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete