Monday, August 27, 2012

Alarm Clocks are Not My Friends

Today was the first week back for teachers.  The 6:00 alarm clock was brutal!  Overall a highly productive day.  Check out my to do list!
The rest of the week may not be as fabulously on task due to the meeting schedule.  And then I sat at my desk/small group area and stared at the desks.  I have come to the conclusion that this room is not made for 34 students....desks fill up too much of the room! 
I  have 5 trapezoid tables that hold 6 kids and a rectangle table that could comfortably work for 4...maybe 5.  How are 34 kids going to function in here!  Maybe the door that needs a sign, "Can of Sardines."

On a more fun note....I am almost ready for a classroom picture tour!
Happy Tuesday,
 

8 comments:

  1. 34 kids??? Did I read that correctly? That is craziness.

    I totally agree with about the alarm clock thing. I have been back for about 3 weeks now, and I am still struggling at getting use to it.

    Congrats on the To Do list. Mine was much shorter today, but I was able to knock everything off it also.

    Antoinette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...34 kiddos is completely craziness! I have 23 this year and my line feels SO much longer than the 18 I had last year. Honestly, I can't even imagine that line of 34. Holy smokes! Great job on your to-do list. When you're all finished, want to help me? :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...tight squeeze!! I'm sure you can make it work:)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog. I am now following you!

    34 students! Wow! I was going crazy when our numbers were at 26 two years ago. Good luck!

    I remember going into my class to set it up and just sitting there an staring at the desks and chairs. I called it "planning." LOL

    Also, I wanted to say thanks for the advice. I've been trying to do more linky parties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on tackling so much on that to do list!!
    Classrooms were not constructed to hold the amount of kids they are trying to cram into them now-a-days. Don't you think it has to be violating some sort of safety law? Good luck!
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am overwhelmed with the idea of 34 bodies in one room. I am praying for you! You are such a wonderful teacher. If anyone can do it...you can!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! 34?? Good luck! I'm sure u will make it work and look great, but man that is a lot of kids. Cant wait for pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 34...I just got goosebumps. I know you'll make it all work fabulously...but that is a lot of kiddos!

    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete