Thursday, June 14, 2012

Gifts x2

Today I sent home gifts for parents and gifts for chickadees.  For parents, I made rice krispie "truffles".  Simply rice krispie treats made into a ball and drizzled with chocolate.  Then I put them in some polka-dot bags and attached a note.  Quite simple, but the kids were excited to deliver them:-)

For my chickadees, I found fun pencils at Target.  (I used to love these as a kid).  

Then I put together memory books.  The first page is the chickadee using words their classmates chose to describe them.  Read this post for more info about that.  The next page is an acrostic poem, using each students name.  For the past month, part of our Circle of Friends routine was making an acrostic poem for a person in our class.  I took all their thinking and added a picture.
After that first page is the memories everyone had of the year.  I have them dictate to a parent and then I type them up.  After they are all typed students illustrate their memory.
Happy Thursday,
 

9 comments:

  1. What great memories and hopefully they'll keep them for a long time.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift ideas! My students are crazy about those push pencils too. Those rice krispie treats look absolutely delicious!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book of memories is so sweet.The rice krispies look tasty.

    ✿Michele
    Miss Nelson's blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a great teacher. I have enjoyed following you and your chickadees this year...I can't wait for next year....Well maybe I can!
    Jenny

    Owl Things First
    Did you see I got a picture link to work? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved these pencils when I was little!!! Sorry for the previous post... obviously I was doing something else and forgot what I had "copied." Opps!!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh- Rice Krispie truffles? I may have to try that with the peanut butter Rice Krispies and drizzle them with a chocolate/ butterscotch mix.

    You are making me HUNGRY! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the bird wordle! So adorable! And the acrostic poems? Too cute!
    ✿Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete