Monday, May 28, 2012

Obsession Linky

While waiting for my (experimental) crock pot bread to finish, I thought I would join the party at Living a Wonderful Life.  At first, I was thinking about how my obsessions have nothing to do with my classroom, but then the more I thought about it, I realized that isn't quite true.  If you were to ask my chickadees what I loved, they would say the same things I am pretty much obsessed with.  Hopefully my sharing encourages them and helps them feel safe enough to do the same.  So here they are in no particular order.

  
 
1.  Muscials-I know the random bursts of song and cheesy plots....I can't help it.  I really can't.  One year, I was even ambitious enough to get my whole class working on a school musical.
 
2.  Dodgers-my classroom even has Dodger curtains above the door. 

 
3.  Reading-I read constantly.  I tell my chickadees that I read constantly and what I read (sometimes)



SO love the suspenders as well!
4.  Josh Groban-I refer to him as "my future husband".  The other day one of my students told me I really needed to move to New York if this was going to actually be in the future:-) 

 





 
Scroll to the about the 3 minute mark....

One more then I promise I will be done:-)  Although this party is dangerous:-)  So this video is from a musical called Chess(the music is amazing)  and who is singing.....Josh of course.  (Idina Menzel and Adam Pascal of Rent)  Skip to 1 min. mark.
Happy Monday,
 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining the party! I feel you on sharing my obsessions with my kiddos, although they would be shocked to see that Gizmo was not on my list! I love musicals too...the catchy songs are awesome :)

    Bonnie
    Living A Wonderful Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! We could be twins!! I love the same things--Musicals( I drive my grandson crazy because I listen to the soundtracks in the car. He recently watched Phantom of the Opera at school(art), and he told me everyone looked at him kinda strange because he was the only kid in class that knew all the words to the songs!!), Love, Love Josh Groban, and I sometimes read 3 books at a time!! Crazy Huh!! Love your blog!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Josh Groban is my obsession too! It's gotten much better in the last couple of years, but still- he's fantastic! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dodgers!!! My dad's favorite team. I grew up a fan!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three more things we have in common...musicals, books and Josh Groban! I have to stop at the Dodgers...I'm a St. Louis Cardinal fan!!
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eww I am not a Dodgers fan...more of a Royals fan!! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did see that I replied to you that we'd have to fight over Josh Groban, didn't you? Luckily for you, I'm married.

    We should go to a concert together and maybe I can "hook you up" :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh yes, I love musicals, too!!! AND....JOSH!! Definitely obsessed with him! I'm just trying to get together with him because I sing a harmony part to "Remember When It Rained" and I think we would have a great time doing a duet together, haha. :)

    3rd Grade Times

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your post and following you from the Obsession Linky. I would love to take in a good musical show so will probably try to do that soon.
    Hope you check out my post and follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete