Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lunch Organization

At my school, students sign up for one of two lunch choices in the morning.  It is my chickadees first thing to do in the morning, which also allows me to quickly note who is absent, by looking at whose lunch magnets are still on the tray.  On the first day of school, we make magnets.  Another post can be devoted to this, although they are really easy to make and all the students have to draw is put a picture and their name on a small round piece of paper.  This is what the sign up board looks like as students start arriving in the morning (although choice 2 seems to be missing today:-) 
This is the lunch magnet's home.  They start and end everyday here.  The blue box has all the lunch team supplies.
Inside the blue box: 
Lunch Count Paper:  The lunch team puts the lunch count paper out in the hall.  They count up choice 1 and choice 2, write it down, and send it to the office.  
Small Filing Box:  This is where all the lunch choices are.  At the beginning of each month, I check for new choices.  I print them on adhesive labels and stick them to a piece of bulletin board border.  After laminating the lunch choice, I put a small piece of magnet on the back.  I use the same border for the lunch choices as I do around the whole board.  
At the end of the day, the lunch team gets the choice box out, looks at the lunch menu, and puts them in the appropriate section of the lunch sign-up board.
How does lunch work at your schools?
Happy Wednesday,
 

5 comments:

  1. I wish that we had choices!! Sadly we don't and hardly ever does anyone pack so we are constantly just sending down the number on our attendance.

    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. No choices for us. Just a quick "Raise your hand if you're getting school lunch," in the morning during attendance and then sending the count to the office along with the attendance folder.

    LOVE your magnets. :D
    ❤Traci❤
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we didn't have choices! It would make life a lot easier when we "forget" what we signed up for!

    ReplyDelete