Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's a Party and I'll Join if I Want To...

Linky Party Number 1:  What are You Going to Read This Summer @ Clutter-Free Classroom?  Oh I have plans....big plans!  Last summer I read a book a day....it was stressful to keep that up, so I think I will relax a bit about that....and probably end up doing unintentionally anyway.  There are a lot of books in my summer stack, but here are the top two.  I want to read The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate.  I have had numerous people tell me about it and am looking forward to getting started.  Professionally I want to read In Pictures and In Words by Katie Wood Ray.  I love her stuff and won the book at a conference!












 
Linky Party Number 2:  Rockin' Resources @ Teacher Idea Factory What things could your classroom not live without?  









1)  Blogland and Pinterest....so many amazing thoughts, ideas, and teachers help my classroom everyday!

2)  Expo Dry Erase Markers....all and only the good colors:-)

3)  Library--A well organized--comfy--full of books classroom library as well as a fabulous public library with ideas and numerous copies of books to hook more readers! 



4)  Ice Cube Trays--They contain SMALL amounts of paint, glue, glitter, and easily wash out.  They are also the perfect organizer for our daily fluoride.
5)  Packaging Tape--I use this constantly!!!!  Things stick well and don't leave a residue.
Happy Wednesday,
 

8 comments:

  1. I love the ice cube tray ideas! Thanks!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Kara and Sara . . . that ice cube tray idea is a gem! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing. I love your blog so much and it's an honor to have you join.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with everyone else in saying the ice cube tray is genius! My name is Steph, and I happened across your blog through the linky-I'm also your newest follower :) Thanks for the great ideas!

    ~Steph

    The Quirky Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these linkys! I'm going to have to check out the book The One and Only Ivan. Are you doing the Book Club on In Pictures and in Words? I can't remember which blog it is on, but I want to participate!!
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so bad about Book Clubs. I really want to like them, but then forget and the dates fly by!

      Delete
  5. I love packing tape too! My fellow teachers joke at my building because I usually have everything- including several rolls of packing tape. Comes in so handy!!!

    Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the good stuff...none of the cheap stuff that leaves its mark behind!

      Delete