Monday, May 21, 2012

Blogger Shout Out and Pinterest Linky

Just feeling the need for a blogger shout out.  Jennifer @ Owl Things First could be my "kindred (bloggy) spirit" in the words of Anne Shirley.  
1)  She has a polka dotted background...I love polka dots
2)  We are both studying birds with our chickadees (although she is much more a bird expert than I will ever be)
3)  We are both in love with the Hawklet cam at Cornell University
4)  She calls her kids "owlets" and I call mine "chickadees"
I could go on...but you all get the idea.  If only we lived in the same part of the country, we could meet in person!
You must go check out the cute and brilliant ideas she has for you.  And if that isn't reason enough she is having a giveaway!
I also wanted to join the Pinterest Linky Party over at Views From Room 205.  
Here are some favorite Pins:
1.) Invitations to a book exchange party.  I loved the idea of this.  So I had a book exchange party at my house.  Then decided to have one for my chickadees to!  Read about it here and here.
2.)  One of my pinboards is all about book quotes and images.  This poster defines what I want every student to discover about reading...they give readers power to escape, imagine, and dream!
3.)  Who doesn't love finding ideas for making things cute!  I saw this and so far it has been the easiest diy I have been able to copy:-)  I even used bulletin border that was exactly the right width, so I didn't have to cut paper!
4.)  This is a pumpkin turned into a book character.  At my school we spend a week doing different book related activities.  Unfortunately that week was not anywhere near October when pumpkins are readily available.  So this pin inspired potato characters instead.  One of the best school activities all year.
 5.)  This became a favorite art project in our room.  We got to talk about lines, shapes, and colors and then put them into practice....clever!
6.)  Discovered LapBooks....I have a new favorite.  We made our own version for out bird unit, and my chickadees are loving it.  I think parents will to, because all the work is collected in one place!
7, 8, 9, and 10.)  Are all on my to do list for next year. 
well this is on my unrealistic to do list
a get to know each other project


appropriate door for my chickadees

I have one of these...just not as cute
















Congratulations, you have made it to the end of this very long post.  Hopefully you check out Owl Things First and feel pinspired!
Happy Monday,
 

10 comments:

  1. Love these ideas and thanks for the heads up on the cutsie blog!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog is Having a Giveaway!
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love Pinterest for all of the idea sharing?
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find some of the cutest ideas on pinterest!!!

    Cynthia

    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the poster for #2, would love to find that for my room. And I'm getting into lap boards too, will be checking out the link to #6.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely check out that blog! :)
    And I am very interested in some of your pins!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you!! You are so kind to mention me!! Another coincidence I have with you...I'm getting ready to blog about all the things we have in common! I hope you'll like what I have cooked up!!
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm your newest follower!
    :)
    Tamera

    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that poster about books! And I want to make my organizer cute too!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete