Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Survival!

Ryan Gosling and my little Chickadee:-)
This week at school we had "Secret Sweeties."  (Like a secret Santa, but for Valentine's obviously)  All week we left little goodies for someone at school.  I am pretty sure, that this is the best gift.  Some of us teachers are loving the "Hey Girl"  Ryan Gosling blog.  So my secret sweetie made me a personalized one and framed it!  It says,
"Hey Laurie,
I bought you two season tickets to the Dodgers.  The second ticket is for me!"  -Ryan
Too funny!



Some other "secret sweetie" evidence.  


















Passing out Valentine's is pure craziness!  I love the end where "Thank You!" is being shouted from person to person, as they open their little cards.





Then we  had ice cream sundaes for a Valentine's treat...completely calm and organized:)  All the 2nd graders went to two different rooms.  One room watched a Charlie Brown Valentine video and the other group did Valentine art activities.  Then I pulled groups of 10 at a time to come make their ice cream sundaes.  They ate their Sunday and then went back to their group.  After about 30 minutes everyone switched classrooms.















What to do with all the cards kids give me.....

Thank them of course.  I simply cut a big heart out of butcher paper and then glue all the cards on!  The kids love seeing it when they come in the next day and play "I Spy" trying to find their card.

Happy Tuesday!
Laurie

5 comments:

  1. that's such a cool idea!! I love secret santa, and a v-day exchange sounds so fun!!
    amy
    TheResource(ful)Room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea to display all the cards!


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool ideas! :) We kept ours a little "low key" by doing math valentine centers, shared the love by learning about Abraham Lincoln (told my kids he was our special valentine for the day...LOL), then created bags/passed out valentines later in the day.

    I posted my centers that I did on my blog, if you'd like to check them out :) I was just glad we had recess at the end of the day so I could tell them to "run it all out"! :)

    Chrissy
    Adventures in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas! I never thought of posting all the valentines cards and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your custom Hey Girl picture! Your secret valentine is a genius!

    Misty @
    Think, Wonder, & Teach (Some day I may even figure out how to make that a link!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally in love with the Hey Girl, picture. Except for the Dodgers part. =)

    Emily @ Second Grade Silliness 

    ReplyDelete