Saturday, February 11, 2012

Story Saturday: Balloons Over Broadway

Every weekend I read books...for my own enjoyment and to decide what to read during school for the upcoming week.  I have decided that Saturday would be a good day to post what I find.  Here is this week's story, Balloons Over Broadway by Melissa Sweet.  It is the true story of the man who created the balloons for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.  I was fascinated by the whole story and can't wait to show my students.  The illustrations are gorgeous and cover many different mediums...collage, photo, watercolor, sketch, and even the news advertisement for the balloons. 


Happy Saturday,
Laurie

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE finding a new picture book! Thanks for another treat :) Have a great day!

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! The pictures are great

    Misty @
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete