Monday, February 6, 2012

Just Can't Live Without Linky

Dragonflies in First is having a fun linky party.  And I just can't resist a good party!

Simply share the things you "just can't live without" in your classroom.  Here goes:


1)  Books~Every classroom needs a great library so kids have access to good books everyday!  Label it, teach kids how to use it, and talk about it all the time!

2)  The Tiny Transition Music Box--it plays Take Me Out to the Ballgame and lets students know when to transition from one thing to another or switch from session 1, to 2, to 3, during Reader's Workshop.  The kids are fascinated by it and it plays simply by winding it on the desk.



3) Lighting~I am not a fan of fluorescent lighting, so the more I can use anything other way to light the room, bring it on!  There are lamps around the room and thank goodness for the windows that run the length of the classroom!





I really needed to do five, so here are the two runners up that didn't make the top 3.
Pinterest~so many brilliant treasures to be discovered there.
Scentsy Warmer~because I like a room to smell like cookies!

Happy Monday!
Laurie


4 comments:

  1. I found you from your comment on my post over at The Best Endings. Ohmygoodness...your blog is SO cute! And I will totally have to join that linky party. I'm your newest follower!

    Bonnie
    Living A Wonderful Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Eskimo Kiss...yummm...my kids love it and I always get compliments! I have a corner of nice tall windows but I am jealous of your wall runners!

    Stacy

    2nd Grade Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that music box?!
    I'm so jealous of your natural light. I have windows, but they are heavily tinted... so I can't count on them for light.
    Cute blog. I'm your newest follower!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete