Monday, October 17, 2011

Read-Aloud Linky Party

Swimming Into Second is having a Read-Aloud Linky Party and I do love a party! I like to read series books as read-alouds.  I usually only read the first one as a teaser and encourage students to add the next one to their bookbags. 

Our favorite read aloud is a series by Emily Jenkins.  The first one is called Toys Go Out.  Each toy has a unique personality and they go on all sorts of adventures.

Our favorite adventure is when Lumphy, the Buffalo, gets peanut butter all over him and has to go to the basement for the washing machine.  At first he is afraid, but then he meets Frank, the washing machine and his whole outlook changes:-)

Happy Reading!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining my linky party! That sounds like a great book. I'll be looking out for it.

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete